Personal Injury In General

Sam Sera - Law services in Sterling Heights, MI
When your life is sidelined by a personal injury that is the result of negligence or intentional wrongdoing by another, you have every right to seek legal redress. Sam Serra, specializing in personal injury, brings more than three decades of aggressive legal representation to individuals who have suffered loss of wages, quality of life, and other unanticipated consequences from an injury, including exorbitant medical bills.

From car accidents to dog bites to medical malpractice, Sam has seen it all, and won millions on behalf of his clients. If you’ve been injured, call Sam today for a FREE consultation and remember, if there’s no recovery, you pay no attorney fee.

Is there a time limit on when I can sue regarding my injury?

Yes, there are time limits on when you can sue, and depending on who the party is, you may have to give notice to the party of the injury within as little as 90 days of the incident or be precluded from suing. The notice requirement is usually when the injury was caused by a local, state or city government and/or its employees or agencies. Call our office to find out in your case when you must take action by.

What can I be compensated for when I am injured?
In most cases you can be compensated for all damages, including economic damages such as lost wages and medical expenses and non-economic damages such as pain, suffering, disability, loss of normal life and disfigurement. There are some cases such as workers’ compensation claims in which you would not be entitled to non-economic damages. There are some cases such as medical malpractice where non-economic damages are capped to be no greater than a certain amount. Call our office to find out what damages you are entitled to in your case.

Do I need to pay an attorney fee if I do not recover in my injury case?
No, you do not. Our office takes your injury case on a contingency basis. We recover an attorney fee only if you recover money damages in your case.

If I sue will the person who I sue for negligence suffer financial loss?
Not usually. Most types of negligence claims are covered by insurance. The insurance carrier provides a free attorney and pays the claim for the negligent party. The negligent party does not usually have to pay out-of-pocket for your damages. An attorney will be able to find out if there is insurance coverage or not for your claim.

I was injured in an auto accident, but it was my fault. Am I entitled to benefits?

Yes, if you had no-fault insurance on your vehicle, you are entitled to what is called first party benefits. If you have full benefits, your insurance carrier must pay all of your reasonable medical expenses, replacement services for up to three years at $20 a day to hire someone to do those things you could normally do, attendant care for someone to provide assistance such as help bathing, walking, taking medication, etc.... and up to three years for lost wages to a certain maximum amount.

All Accidents

An accident is always an unpleasant surprise, but when someone else is at fault and you are suffering real, tangible losses, you have every right to pursue compensation through our legal system.
Car Accident - Law services in Sterling Heights, MI
  • Auto, Truck & Motorcycle Accidents
  • Watercraft Accidents
  • No Fault
  • Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Injuries
  • Wrongful Death
  • Child and Birth Injuries
  • Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
  • Slip and Fall
  • Work Injuries and Defective Products
  • Social Security Disability
  • And More…

Wrongful Death

If you have suffered the loss of a loved one due to the negligence or intentional wrongdoing of another, it is difficult to know where to turn for help ensuring your legal rights are being honored. You may have a strong case for a wrongful death lawsuit. With over 33 years of experience, Sam Serra can offer wise and compassionate legal counsel during difficult times. Call Sam for a free phone consultation today. Remember, there is no attorney fee unless we collect money for you.
Coffin - Law services in Sterling Heights, MI